Banana Bread is one of the american pastries that you don’t find in Europe. A fact that is not quite understandable to me since itstexture is simply amazing - and the chocolate and banana taste is not comparable to any other food. Delicious.
I tried banana bread at home to see if my friends and family like it. Instead of making an entire loaf of banana bread I decided to divide the batter into smaller portions and make medium sized muffins. Normally I am not much of a banana fan but banana bread tastes heavenly!
Have a wonderful day,
Banana Bread Muffins
(makes 15 medium sized muffins)
250 g/ 2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ cup butter
125 g/ 1 cup sugar
250 g/ 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp rum
125 g/ 1 cup chocolate, coarsely chopped
Chocolate Coating for the muffin frosting, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius/ 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Mix all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat butter and sugar until creamy and light.
4. Add the eggs.
5. Stir in the mashed rip bananas, lemon juice and rum until well incorporated.
6. Mix the dry ingredients in the banana-dough.
7. Fold in the coarsely chopped chocolate.
8. Pour the muffin dough into muffin molds.
9. Bake for 12 minutes.
10. Let muffins cool off.
11. Glaze muffins with chocolate coating.