With the sun shining and not really needing any comfort food, I decided to vary the classic brownie recipe. I didnt’ use any dark chocolate but white chocolate! And a some mandarine pieces for a fresh taste.
These white brownies are very moist - exactly how I wanted them.
They are incredibly delicious and a really good change to regular brownies.
And no worries about the paradox of the name - you ll forget about it when tasting them!
With those brownies as a good food base I am now getting ready to go out with one of my girlfriends. I m looking forward to a fun beginning to the weekend!
Enjoy those white brownies and have great Friday night,
White Brownies with Mandarins
(makes one loaf pan)
125 g/ 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2.5 tbs butter, room temperature
60 g/ 1/4 cup sugar
60 g/ 1/4 white chocolate, chopped coarsely
60 g/ 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
60 g/ 1/4 cup canned mandarins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius/ 360 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Melt the white coarsely chopped white chocolate.
3. Pour the white chocolate to the butter and mix it.
4. Beat in the egg.
5. Add the vanilla and the sugar.
6. Stir until well blended.
7. Mix in the baking powder, salt and flour.
8. Fold in the mandarins and the white chocolate chips.
9. Fill the dough into a pan loaf. The white brownie should have a height of about 2-3 cm.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Wait until brownie has cooled off before taking it out off the pan loaf.
12. Cut the brownie into small pieces.
I really like those white brownies with mandarins when refrigerated. But it really depends on your taste. If you leave them outside they will be softer.
No worries - they will definitely gone soon either way!